The TPO Rubber Roofing Systems can incorporate 45-mil, 60-mil, 72-mil or 80-mil (TPO) Thermoplastic Polyolefin membranes. An example of a quality membrane is the VersiWeld Membrane from Versico, which is comprised of three layers a TPO polymer base; a strong, polyester-reinforced fabric center (scrim) and a tough thermoplastic polyolefin compounded top ply.
Because top ply is the most vital membrane component for long-term weathering characteristics, Versico manufacturers its membranes with an industry leading “thicker” and “smoother” top ply over scrim. http://www.wholesalejerseys1.com The smooth surface resists dirt pick-up and biological growth compared to other thermoplastic membranes. Download Versico’s Welded Seam TPO Brochure
Fully Adhered Watt J.J. jersey Systems begin with insulation mechanically attached to the roof deck. The membrane and substrate are then coated with a bonding adhesive. The membrane is rolled into place and seams are then hot air welded.
Mechanically Attached Systems start with insulation fastened to the substrate. The membrane is then fastened through the insulation with fasteners and plates. Adjoining membrane sheets are overlapped and joined together by hot air welding.
Shown below are some other benefits Of TPO roofs:
1. The performance of rubber with heat-welded seams.
2. The weathering and low temperature flexibility of EPDM with the superior seam strength of heat-weldable membranes.
3. Typically built with wider sheets which mean less seams and less labor compared to http://www.cheapnfljerseys4.com standard PVC sheets.
4. More product on top of the scrim where you need it most – Reinforced Membranes handle building thermal expansion and contraction better than other products.
5. Minimal shrinkage for watertight integrity you can count on.
6. Complete line of TPO Accessories such as Pre-fabricated Pipe Boots and Pre-Cut Corners.
7. Membranes meet or exceeds ASTM performance standards.
8. Ideal for both new construction and reroofing/restoration.
9. Lightweight yet highly resistant to tears, impact, punctures & wind uplift.
10. Environmentally friendly – no chlorine, recyclable.
TPO membranes are highly chemical and contaminant resistant. Most liquids and chemicals normally exhausted onto the roof have no effect on the membrane. TPO membrane formulation contains no plasticizers or chlorine so it will not dry out or become brittle with age. This sheeting easily accommodates the building’s normal expansion and contraction. Another quality to mention is TPO roofing from most major manufacturers like Versico and Mule-Hide, meets UL 790 requirements for external fire Class A ratings and UL P assemblies for internal, hourly fire ratings.